Managing Partner Lisa Warren Moderating Entrepreneur’s University: Acquiring IP 07/06/2016Posted by Morse, Barnes-Brown Pendleton in Attorney News, Events.
Tags: biotech, entrepreneur, industry experts, Intellectual Property, ip, massbio
Lisa Warren will be serving as a Co-Moderator for the upcoming, “Entrepreneur’s University: Acquiring IP” program organized by MassBio Entrepreneur’s University Working Group. Entrepreneur University hosts forums to help entrepreneurs thrive in today’s competitive biotech environment. During this program specifically, industry experts will share critical advice for entrepreneurs who are setting out to acquire their intellectual property.
The key topics that will be discussed include:
- Traditional routes of IP acquisition – including licensing from a university, e.g. the employer of a scientific founder
- Licensing arrangements – often the first contractual relationships into which the emerging biotech company enters
- How universities have changed their approaches to technology transfer and licensing terms in recent years – including an increased focus on revenue, especially in light of declining government research funding
- Alternatives to university deals – for example, some companies have succeeded in “rescuing” assets from big pharma through in-licensing assets that have been shelved
- Generating an IP portfolio – when, what and how entrepreneurs, scientists and biotech leaders should manage this important part of their IP expansion strategy
The program will take place the morning of July 13th. MassBio members can register here.