List Mania: Top IP Developments of 2016 04/04/2017Posted by Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton in Computer Software & Hardware, Intellectual Property, Internet and E-Commerce, Privacy and Data Security, Telecommunications & Networking.
Tags: Bill Schmidt, Data Security, Intellectual Property, ip law, privacy
add a comment
While you may have been distracted by a tumultuous 2016, at MBBP we have been monitoring developments in intellectual property. We are happy to present, in no particular order, our list of the top IP developments of 2016, plus an Honorable Mention for 2017.
- Patent Infringement Plaintiffs Get a “Halo”: Halo Electronics, Inc. v. Pulse Electronics, Inc. and Stryker Corp. v. Zimmer, Inc.
- A Light at the End of the Tunnel for Software Patents?: Enfish v. Microsoft Corp.
- High Octane Fee Shifting: Octane Fitness, LLC v. Icon health & Fitness, Inc.
- Limits on “Common Sense”: Arendi S.A.R.L. v. Apple
- Shhh… It’s a Secret: Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016
- Designs, Damages, and Dinner Plates: Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co.
- Personal Information Expressway: EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
- In Defense of Abbott and Costello: TCA Television Corp. v. McCollum
- Thanks, but No Thanks: UK votes to exit the European Union
- Honorable Mention for 2017: CRISPR/Cas9