Employment attorney Amanda Thibodeau will be speaking on the MCLE program Employment Law Issues for Gig Workers, being held on Tuesday, July 30. The program will provide an overview of the current state of the law, how various governing bodies on the state and federal levels have grappled with companies and workers in the gig economy, and how each side can protect themselves and navigate changing employment laws in this arena. The agenda will include topics of discussion such as:
- What is the “Gig Economy” and which employers and workers fall into this category
- Overview of classifications of workers and legal consequences of misclassification
- Reviewing recent state and federal guidance on classification issues
- Reviewing states’ legislative responses governing gig employment
- Understanding other common employment issues in the gig economy
- Understanding how a gig business can mitigate its risks and what workers should do to protect themselves
For more information and to register, view the MCLE event page.