2015 was another busy year in terms of intellectual property law, but luckily, MBBP has been carefully monitoring all of the important developments. There were many contenders for spots in our list, but only a select few could make the cut.
- Happy Birthday to All! – Marya v. Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
- Google Books (Authors Guild v. Google, Inc.)
- Disparagement versus Free Speech: In re Tam
- Issue Preclusion & The TTAB: B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Indus., Inc.
- Patient Infringement Liability: Akamai Techs., Inc. v. Limelight Networks, Inc.
- Biosimilarity: Amgen v. Sandoz
- Patentability of Natural Phenomena: Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc. v. Sequenom, Inc.
- Computer Fraud & Abuse Act
- Safe Harbor Down, EU-US Privacy Shield Up