Attorneys Michael Cavaretta and Joseph Martinez of MBBP, will present at The Law of Digital Games, a comprehensive 2-day conference covering new technologies, opportunities, regulations, and business models at The Seaport Boston Hotel in Boston, MA, on November 5 and 6, 2012.
Cavaretta, an IP licensing attorney with wide experience in the interactive entertainment industry is co-chair of the program, which will feature international leading attorneys and business leaders who work in the digital games space. Topics covered will include:
- The changing face of the industry
- Massively multiplayer and social games: Explosion of the “fremium” revenue model
- Trans-media plays
- Technology licensing updates
- Trademarks, copyrights and rights of publicity
- Privacy, data and consumer protection
- The money game: Financing and exit strategy
- Digital distribution and new age publishers
- The changing face of deal-making: The expanding role of agents and brokers
- Employment issues
Cavaretta’s presentation, “New Age Publishers,” will cover the changing role of publishers in digital games distribution and how this affects negotiating “new age” publishing agreements.
Martinez’s presentation, “The Money Game Part One: Financing,” will cover: crowdfunding and other new opportunities under the JOBS Act; impacts on early-stage private financing; JOBS Act provision affecting later stage financing, including its potential impact on the market for IPO’s.
To register or to learn more, please visit the The Law of Digital Games event page.