Boston Area Claims Top U.S. Life Sciences Hub in New Report 12/16/2011Posted by Morse, Barnes-Brown Pendleton in Life Sciences.
Tags: boston life science, jones lang lasalle, mass high tech
Mass High Tech recently published an article describing a new global report released by real estate services firm Jones Lang LaSalle which names Boston the number one life sciences cluster spot in the United States. The US Life Sciences cluster rankings were based on scores in each of the following six categories:
- High-Tech Research & Hospital/Medical Employment
- Science & Engineering Graduate students
- National Institute of Health Funding
- VC Funding
- Research and Development Spending as % of GDP
- Academic and Research Institute Facilities
Boston ranked number one in five of the six methodology categories, beating out 13 other regions. The only area in which Boston did not take the top spot – in this case, claiming the number two ranking – was in venture capital funding.
To view the full report, please visit Jones Lang LaSalle.